1.1 Shire Professional Funding Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct, registration number 679492.
2. About Shire PF
2.1 When Shire PF collect and use personal information about you we become responsible for this information. When we do this we are regulated by the GDPR. Under this regulation Shire PF is known as a ‘data controller’ of that personal information.
3. How we collect personal information:
3.1 Shire PF will obtain personal information:
- Directly from yourself, from e.g. order form/application documents/telephone/email;
- Through the course of an agreement either directly from you, your association or with a business supplier/brokers who introduce you to us;
- From third party organisations such as Credit Reference Agencies (‘CRAs’) and Fraud
Prevention Agencies (‘FPA’);
Shire PF may also obtain personal information from either monitoring or recording calls. We will record and monitor telephone calls for training, auditing, resolving queries and to improve overall quality and service delivery. When we process your personal information this will be either for our legitimate business interest, to comply with our legal obligations, to perform a contract with you or where we have your consent as set out in Section 6.
3.2 In the course of dealing with your application and any subsequent agreements you enter into we may collect
the following personal information:
- Your title, full name, contact details, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers;
- Your home address and address history, together with information about your occupier status, whether
you are a tenant, live with parents or are an owner occupier;
- Your date of birth;
- Your occupation, job title and employment details;
- Your personal identification i.e. a passport or a driving license;
- Your nationality if this is necessary for us to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- Your bank details;
- Your solvency and/or litigation history;
4. How we use your personal information
4.1 In order for Shire PF to provide you with any products or services we will need to process your name,
address, date of birth and email address. In certain circumstances we may be required to obtain additional
personal information about you.
4.2 To consider an application and processing, we will use:
Your contact details, these include; your name, address, email address, telephone number and date of birth. We process and use this personal information to comply with a legal obligation, to perform a contract and for our own legitimate business interest.
4.3 To make a credit decision about you we will use:
- Information you provide to us directly;
- Information we receive from third party credit reference and fraud agencies;
- Information we obtained through the course of an agreement or previous agreements; and
- Information we receive from third parties; For this purpose of processing Shire PF will share your personal information with CRA’s and FPA’s. The information could be used for:
- CRA’s will add a search footprint onto your credit file when we have conducted a credit search, this may be seen by other lenders.
- We might add to your CRA or FPA records details of your agreements, this may include any defaults or failure to keep to the terms of your agreement and when a payment is overdue.
- CRA’s or FPA’s could pass this personal information onto other companies who have no relation to us who conduct either credit or fraud prevention checks. We process and use this personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations and for our own legitimate business interest. The identities of the CRAs, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the information they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, information retention periods and your information protection rights with the CRAs are explained in more detail at http://www.experian.co.uk/crain/index.html
CRAIN is also accessible from each of the three CRAs – clicking on any of these three links will also take
you to the same CRAIN document:
Download a list of the CRA’s and FPA’s Shire PF uses.
4.4 Where we share information with a Funder, we will use:
Your contact details, these include; your name, address, email address, telephone number and date of birth and financial information and identification provided. In considering your application we or our funders to whom we may introduce to you our agreement may conduct CRA or FPA checks. More information in regards to CRA’s and FPA’s are listed in Section 4.3. We process and use this personal information to comply with our legal obligations and for our own legitimate business interest.
4.5 To fulfil or comply with our legal obligations, to prevent financial crime, including fraud and money laundering we will use:
- Information you provide us directly, and
- Information we receive from third party CRA’s and FPA’s This personal information will only be used where it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or for our own legitimate business interest. The personal information will include, name, address, date of birth and nationality. We will provide personal information to and receive personal information from third parties such as CRA’s and FRA’s where it is necessary to meet our legal obligations. This may also include the police and other law enforcement and government agencies.
4.6 To administer payments we will use:
Your contact details and the payment details that you have provided to us. We may provide your information to a third party payment provider to process the payment.
We process and use this this personal information for our own legitimate business interest.
4.7 To operate and administer our products and services, including dealing with your complaints and fixing our mistakes, we will use:
Your contact details, these include; your name, address and date of birth. We may share your information we use for this purpose with third parties who help us verify your contact details and equipment suppliers. We process and use this personal information to comply with legal obligation, to perform a contract and for our own legitimate business interest.
4.8 To insure our equipment, we will use:
Your contact details, these will include your name, address and date of birth Where you have not insured our equipment, Shire PF will process and use personal information to ensure the equipment on finance has been insured, we may share this with insurers/insurance brokers.
4.9 To comply with our legal obligation, to support our vulnerable customers:
Information you give us that identifies a vulnerability, such as a health condition. We will give information to and receive information about a vulnerability from third parties where it is necessary to meet our legal obligations, for example from the police or someone acting on your behalf. Where we process medical personal information that you have provided to us we will only hold this information once we have obtained your explicit consent to do so.
4.10 For debt recovery purposes, we will use:
Your contact details, these will include your name, address and date of birth.
Shire PF will give your personal information to and receive information from third parties where it is
necessary to recover debts due by you to us, Third Parties may include, debt recovery agents, CRA’s,
Courts, bailiff services, Land Registry, professional advisors and process servers.
4.11 To carry out audit, good governance and analysis to develop and improve our products and services, we will use:
Your contact details, these will include your name, address and date of birth, identification and your email address. We process and use this personal information to comply with a legal obligation, contract and for our own legitimate business interest.
4.12 To market products and services to you, we will use:
We will market directly to you or where your employer has taken out a product using the contact details either you or they have provided to us unless you have opted out. We process and use this information for our own legitimate business interest. You have the right to object to Shire PF’s direct marketing at any time.
4.13 To record telephone calls:
Shire PF may also obtain personal information from either monitoring or recording calls. We will record and monitor telephone calls for training, auditing, resolving queries and issues and to improve overall quality and service delivery. When we process your personal information this will be either to comply with a legal obligation, to perform a contract or for our own legitimate business interest as set out in Section 6.
5. Automated decision making
5.1 Sometimes we use your personal information in automated processes to make decisions about you, such as
credit scoring. We might also use automated processes to create a profile of you. We do this to help ensure
decisions are made accurately, fairly and efficiently. Decisions Shire PF makes solely on automation do not
result in a rejected decision.
Where you are a sole trader or a partner in a partnership Shire PF will use automated decision making using your personal information to conduct credit scoring – this evaluates your financial profile. In order to undertake credit scoring we use the information you have provided to us and information we obtain from CRA’s. We use credit scoring to make decisions about you such as whether we will enter into an agreement to provide a product or service to you.
To find out information about your rights in relation to automated decision making please see details found in
6. Our legal basis for processing your personal information
6.1 Shire PF will only use your personal information where it is permitted by laws that protect your privacy rights. When you apply for finance or enter into a finance/trading agreement with us we will use your personal information where:
- It is fair to use the personal information either in our interests or someone else’s interests, where there is no disadvantage to you – we refer to this as legitimate business interest,
- We need to use the information to perform a contract with you,
- We need to use the information to comply with our legal obligations; and
- We have your consent (if consent is needed).
- Where we have your consent, you have the right to withdraw this. Shire PF will let you know how you can do this at the time we gather your consent.
Fair Processing Notice of Data
The Act is intended not to prevent the processing of personal data, but to ensure that it is done fairly and without adversely affecting the rights of the data subject. The data subject must be told who the data controller is (in this case Shire Professional Funding), who the data controller’s representative is Martyn Jones, the purpose for which the data is to be processed by us, and the identities of anyone to whom the data may be disclosed or transferred. For personal data to be processed lawfully, Shire Professional Funding require among other things, that the data subject has consented to the processing, or that the processing is necessary for the legitimate interest of the data controller or the party to whom the data is disclosed.
7. Sharing your personal information
7.1 Who we share your personal information with is dependent on the products or services we provide to you. For the majority of our products and services we will share your personal information with our funders, brokers, suppliers, CRA’s and FPA’s. For more information on how we use your personal information please see Section 4.
7.2 The personal information we have about you is usually gathered from you direct or through the course of an agreement, from public domain or third parties. In some circumstances we will transfer and obtain personal information from third parties where it is necessary for purposes such as credit checking and fraud prevention or for marketing purposes.
8. Keeping your personal information secure
8.1 Shire PF have adopted appropriate security measures to ensure your personal information remains secure. This prevents your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8.2 We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected information security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected information security breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Transferring information outside of the European Economic Area
9.1 In providing our products and services to you we may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Any transfer of your personal information will be in accordance with our legal obligations to ensure the safeguarding of your personal information during such transfer. If you would like more information or the details of the safeguards we have in place to protect your personal information please contact our DPO using the details set out in Section1.
10. Your rights
10.1 Under the GDPR you have a number of rights in terms of how we use your personal information. You have the right to object how we use your personal information. You also have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask us to delete, restrict or correct any inaccuracies in your information. You can also ask us to provide some of your information to a Third Party.
10.2 Right to Object
You have the right to object how we use your personal information. This means you may object at any time to processing of personal information for direct marketing and decisions being made by automated means in addition to information being processed in certain other situations. If you would like to make an objection please contact our DPO with the reasons for your objection.
10.3 Right of Access
10.4 Right to Rectification
This gives you the right to request Shire PF to change or complete any incorrect or partial information we hold about you.
10.5 Right to Erasure
This gives you the right to ask for personal information that we hold about you to be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to use or keep the information, you have withdrawn consent or if we have no legal basis to keep the information.
10.6 Right to Portability
This gives you the right to transmit some of the personal information we hold about you to a third party. The information can either be provided to you in a commonly used, machine-readable format or can be provided to the third party direct. This only applies to personal information you have given to us direct, if it is for the performance of a contract, based on consent or when processing is done by automated means.
10.7 Right to Restriction
You have the right to restrict how we process your personal information in circumstances where you have exercised your right to object, rectification or erasure. If you would like to exercise any of your rights listed above, please contact our DPO using the details listed in Section 1. Please provide us with the following:
• Enough information to identify you, including proof of identity and address (passport, driving licence
and a utility bill),
• Any information that your request relates to, including any account or reference numbers.
For further information on each of your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please see
the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on Individual’s rights under the General
Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact our DPO at the address listed in Section 1.
11. Personal information retention
11.1 The length of time we keep your personal information for is dependent on how the information is used and recorded. Shire PF will never retain your personal information for longer than the purposes we require it for or is necessary for us retain. Generally this will be up to seven years after the end of the agreement or application in order to comply with our legal obligations.
If you would like more information about how long we keep your information please contact our DPO
using the details listed in Section 1.
12. Your online activities
13. How to make a complaint
13.1 If you are unhappy with how we process and use your personal information you can make a complaint directly to us, you can do this by contacting our DPO with the details listed in Section 1.
13.2 We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise with us directly, however if we are unable to do so the GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
List of our Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies.
Experian Limited Credit Referencing
List of all our funders
- Investec Asset Finance PLC
- Kingsley Asset Finance Limited
- Kingsway Asset Finance Ltd
- Shawbrook Bank Limited
- Shire Leasing Plc
- Time Finance plc
- Paragon Technology Finance Limited
- The Buyback Service Ltd TA Little Business Loans
- Fleximize Capital Limited
- Metro Bank PLC
- Nucleus Commercial Finance Ltd
- iwoca Ltd
- National Westminster Bank plc
Love Finance Limited
SAF Leasing Limited
Shire Securities Ltd t/as Shire Funding Solutions
Categories of Suppliers